Monday 23 March 2009

Blue Frog Found

This week's challenge is to photograph things that float so I went on my daily walk on the canal towpath. Follow the link to join in and view other entries.

I knew there would be many 'things' floating on the water. Some natural and with every right to be there and others unnatural, unwanted and out of place.

I decided to photograph the debris and make a collage.

From Colour Contrast Continuity


Nature will degrade the naturally fallen branch, leaves and the disguarded feather. She cannot cope with our rubbish that should have been disposed of properly.

While I was collecting the necessary photographs I saw...

From Colour Contrast Continuity

The next minute he was...
From Colour Contrast Continuity
And before long...

From Colour Contrast Continuity
High and dry...

From Colour Contrast Continuity
No longer unwanted...

6 comments:

  1. You rescue that poor frog, good for you! it's cute by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I thought he was going to rescue me.
    How stupid can I be?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's sad...and a happy ending! He really looks happier with each photo. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Liz :)

    Fabulous take on the subject! Really impressive! I especially liked the wee frog, oh how sad he was lost, but how wonderful to have been rescued by you. You and I are cut from the same cloth I think, I couldn't have left him behind either. Well done! Very sweet entry, and thought provoking photos.

    -Carly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am glad you saved the frog. We were on the same wave length with the leave in the water. Just look what a little love and attention can do for someone...even a waterlogged frog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to rescue the blue frog! He actually looks kind of sad in his first picture...

    Nice collage of the unfortunate things floating in the water.

    ReplyDelete