Thursday 1 October 2009

A Walk on the Wild Side

Ellipsis Monday Photo Shoot

Please follow the link to join in and view other entries.

Carly has asked for photographs of weeds and for extra credit a picture of one that would look good in a floral arrangement.

A weed is only a wild plant growing where it is not wanted.
I have no photographs of any weeds, only wild plants growing where they will always be wanted by nature and anyone who can see the beauty they give to our world.

‘I capture light for the darkness’, the Bramble that will produce a blackberry claims.

From Colour Contrast Continuity


‘Do you like butter?’ Asks the Meadow Buttercup.

From Colour Contrast Continuity


‘I am Lady’s Smock,’ declares the Cuckooflower.

From Colour Contrast Continuity


‘Look but don’t touch’, the nettle cries.

From Colour Contrast Continuity



Oops-a daisy! ‘I love to decorate your lawn’ this cheeky plant sings.
From Colour Contrast Continuity


‘When in a crowd, look up for the light to see your way’, says the Oxeye Daisy.
From Colour Contrast Continuity

‘I’m only the first of many’, says the Red Campion.
From Colour Contrast Continuity

‘Some hog the limelight while others learn how to shine’, replies the Hogweed.
From Colour Contrast Continuity

I did not have to choose any of my photographs as the one for extra credit, as one plant produced an arrangement totally by itself although I think it could benefit from the addition of an equally wild companion.

‘I give you a bouquet’, says the Wild Carrot.
From Colour Contrast Continuity


‘Och, but it canna compare to my gift!’ replies the Thistle.
From Colour Contrast Continuity


So what are weeds? Plants that have virtue that is yet to be discovered.


I have written a song inspired by this theme that can be seen on Visual Counterpoint here~
On the Wild Side
Illustrated by the photograph I have chosen from the above to describe my thoughts on this subject.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Beautiful, Beautiful!

    This is a simply lovely round up of some beautiful weeds. Actully, most of these would look perfect in a flower arrangement. Especially the little daisy. Well done.

    -Carly

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! the weeds are so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have found a wide variety of absolutely lovely weeds. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete